God can use you to make a difference!
At Crossroads, a great way to meet people, develop relationships, and grow as a follower of Christ is to serve with a ministry team.
I Peter 4:10 (NIV) Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms.
Ephesians 4:16 (NIV) He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love.
We believe as you better understand who God made you to be, this will help you discover what He's called you to do. We've put together a ministry assessment tool to help you do just that. It's our prayer, the information you learn through the assessment process will be a starting point to help you choose a ministry direction to explore.
There are three sections in the assessment. You should set aside about 20 minutes to complete.
NOTE: The assessment is designed to be taken in a single setting. You won't be able to save a partially finished assessment and return to it later.
The spiritual gifts part of the assessment is designed to be taken quickly. Remember there are no right or wrong answers. For the most accurate results, rate each statement according to who you are, not who you would like to be or think you ought to be.
Each question is already marked as neutral. You'll want to move to the right or to the left of the center based on how often the statement is reflected in your life. Note: Each question is very important, so try not to miss out on any. Enjoy!
1. I enjoy planning and organizing services and events.
2. I like designing and creating new things.
3. I am usually a good judge of character.
4. Many of my conversations naturally turn to talking about faith and God.
5. I am able to help people see the good in difficult situations.
6. I have great assurance that God answers prayer.
7. When I learn of a need, I naturally ask myelf, 'What do I have that can help?'
8. I love to have people hang out at my house.
9. God often uses me to speak a scripture into a situation at just the right time.
10. I am able to motivate others to follow through on projects.
11. Caring for people who are hurting is very important to me.
12. I have spiritual insights from the Scripture concerning issues and people that compel me to speak out.
13. I enjoy connecting with, caring for, and coaching others.
14. I often go above and beyond when asked to help on a project.
15. I have a lot of patience with people as they are learning something new.
16. I can often see solutions where there is conflict or confusion.
17. I am good at keeping track of details.
18. I like to bless others with something I've made.
19. I look beyond the surface of what's being said to find the truth in it.
20. Talking to people about Jesus and my faith really charges me up.
21. I love to cheer people on to be their best.
22. It's easy for me to believe God for big things.
23. I'm always looking for ways to bless others.
24. I enjoy meeting new people and helping them feel comfortable.
25. I take pleasure in explaining God's Word to others.
26. I am able to communicate vision in a way that influences others to follow.
27. Serving the sick, homeless, elderly, or disabled would be very fulfilling to me.
28. I have great confidence that God not only can, but He will.
29. I like motivating others to take steps for spiritual growth.
30. I am able to anticipate the needs of others.
31. I love to share what I am learning about the Bible with others.
32. I have an unusual ability to see how biblical principles can help solve every day problems.
33. Getting people organized and keeping things moving smoothly comes naturally to me.
34. I look for opportunities to use my artistic talents to serve others.
35. I often look at situations and just know whether or not they are God's intentions.
36. I openly tell people I am a Christian and want them to ask me about my faith.
37. I enjoy reassuring and strengthening those who are discouraged.
38. I have confidence in God's continuing provision and help, even in difficult times.
39. Knowing everything I have is a gift from God, I joyfully give as He leads me.
40. At parties or events, I usually take the initiative to introduce myself to others.
41. Understanding the Bible accurately helps me apply it to every day situations.
42. I am passionate about helping others be successful and seeing people grow in their walk with Jesus.
43. I am drawn to help people who may be considered undeserving or beyond help.
44. I often feel compelled to speak the words God gives to me to strengthen, encourage, or comfort others.
45. I am diligent in praying for God's protection over my friends and family
46. I like to work behind the scenes and make sure all the details are covered.
47. I often do research to gain a better understanding of a topic.
48. Others often come to me for advice about challenges they are facing.
49. I love helping people get plugged into ministry opportunities that are a good fit.
50. I really enjoy using my hands to make things that are useful.
51. I feel a sense of responsibility in helping people see right from wrong.
52. I like forming friendships with people who don't yet know Christ.
53. Even in the darkest situations, I can help people see the light at the end of the tunnel.
54. It's a joy for me to persist in prayer for specific needs.
55. I receive so much joy from sharing what I have with others.
56. I view my home as a safe and caring place to minister to people.
57. I am passionate about learning and understanding God's Word.
58. I set goals and am able to inspire and direct people to accomplish them.
59. I have a strong tendency to empathize with people who are hurting.
60. Challenging others about sin in their life is not hard for me.
61. I have a number of people in my life I mentor.
62. I like to find things that need to be done and often do them without being asked.
63. I'm able to show others how to practically apply God's Word to every day life.
64. When reading my Bible, I receive insight into biblical truths that benefit others.